Introduction to Safeguarding Children in Sport
All employees and volunteers who are involved in organisations that work with children and young people will benefit from this course. Containing practical tips on how to deal with disclosures, signs to watch out for, and who to speak to if they do have concerns, this e-learning course is made up of a series of easy to follow pre recorded webinars, giving the learner the confidence to understand the basics of safeguarding.
All employees and volunteers who are involved in organisations that work with children and young people will benefit from this course.
Please note those whose job routinely includes direct work with children and young people should have more in depth training – Please refer to our Advanced Safeguarding Course (Formerly Level 2).
About this Course:
The courses split into 7 short, easy to follow modules and will take between 1 and 2 hours to complete:
1- Legislation and Guidance
2- What is abuse/types of abuse
3- Increased Vulnerability
6- DSO and Local Authority frameworks
7- Top Tips
In this course you will learn:
- The different types of abuse and how to recognise them;
- Why certain children are more vulnerable to abuse and exploitation;
- What grooming looks like and how predators work;
- Other types of abuse such as FGM, CSE and Radicalisation;
- What happens if the Safeguarding Lead has to contact the Local Authority;
- Top Tips on dealing with disclosures and sharing information
21/10/2016 - 31/12/2059
8:00 am - 5:00 pm